Alex has a depth of experience of both advisory work and representation in the field of employment law acting for businesses in contentious and non-contentious matters. He is regularly called upon to act for businesses in defending claims at the Employment Tribunal; advising on dismissals and grievances; the drafting of employment contracts and handbooks; restrictive covenants; and the preparation and negotiating the terms of settlement agreements. He also advises on changing terms and considerations and TUPE. His experience of acting on behalf of both parties means that he has a good insight into his opponents’ weaknesses, which he can use to his client’s advantage.
For business, Alex’s expertise covers:
Notable Employment for Business cases
– Advising on the merits of a leading telecommunications company’s chances of success at the Employment Appeals Tribunal regarding the decision to revoke an earlier judgment.
– Acting for a City based investment company in defending a claim for breach of a settlement agreement.
– Advising on injunctive relief proceedings and breach of confidentiality obligations in the financial services sector.
– Acting for a record label regarding the employment aspects on the sale of the share capital to an international group of music companies and a hive out agreement of the merchandising and live events.
– Acting for the Head of Recruitment for a leading recruitment company in claims for constructive unfair dismissal, discrimination, victimisation, harassment, breach of contract and unlawful deduction from wages.
– Acting for a Respondent client defending complaints for constructive dismissal, unlawful deduction of wages and breach of contract. Running an illegality defence at the Employment Tribunal and questioning employment status.
– Obtaining a highly favourable deposit orders for a Respondent client in long running employment dispute.