Which parent has the legal right to have the child or the children of the family live with them?


The starting point is that either parent, as long as they have Parental Responsibility, can legally have the children living with them, assuming there is no Child Arrangements Order (‘CAO’) setting out that the children live with the other parent. If the location of the children’s residence is in dispute, either party can apply for a CAO.

Footer bg

Would you like to know more?

For help and advice, talk to a member of our team. They can advise on the best options in your matter.

Call: 01708 229 444 Email us

Portfolio Builder

Select the legal services that you would like to download or add to the portfolio

Download    Add to portfolio   
Title Type CV Email

Remove All


Click here to share this shortlist.
(It will expire after 30 days.)