What do I do if I have been left out of a Will?


If you have been left out of a Will or where there is no Will and you wish to challenge how the Estate shall be divided up you must firstly be an eligible applicant.  These include:

  • A spouse or civil partner of the deceased.
  • A former spouse or civil partner of the deceased who has no remarried.
  • A child of the deceased.
  • An individual treated as a child of the deceased.
  • A person maintained by the deceased before death.

The law is governed by the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. 

To be successful, the Court must be satisfied that no sufficient reasonable financial provision has been provided to you.  This generally depends upon the circumstances of each individual case.

Footer bg

Would you like to know more?

For help and advice, talk to a member of our team. They can advise on the best options in your matter.

Call: 01708 229 444 Email us


Portfolio Builder

Select the legal services that you would like to download or add to the portfolio

Download    Add to portfolio   
Title Type CV Email

Remove All


Click here to share this shortlist.
(It will expire after 30 days.)