My former spouse / partner wants me to drop off the child / children for the purposes of their spending time with them – what can I do?


This can be a contentious issue but primarily the absent parent should be responsible for the collection and return of the child / children. If the absent parent lives some distance away, then it may be reasonable for a meeting place if it is covenant, to be arranged to assist with the spending time arrangement. If matters cannot be agreed, mediation may be possible to resolve issues, failing which an application to the court would have to be made, for a specific issue order detailing who is responsible for collection and return of the child / children with whom they reside.

Footer bg

Would you like to know more?

For help and advice, talk to a member of our team. They can advise on the best options in your matter.

Call: 01708 229 444 Email us


Portfolio Builder

Select the legal services that you would like to download or add to the portfolio

Download    Add to portfolio   
Title Type CV Email

Remove All


Click here to share this shortlist.
(It will expire after 30 days.)